Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Torso


Anyone who knows me knows that I am constantly studying. Every morning I do studies for at least an hour before I start working. I love animation, so I usually pause DVD’s and do little sketches of what I see. I also take as many classes as I can and go to life drawing about 3 times a week. At night I take out books and do studies as well. Sometimes I want to post little demos on what I’ve learned, but I feel like I’m in a constant state of learning and whenever I think I know something, I always find a better way of doing it later. But, I’ll never know everything, so here is a little demo on drawing the torso. Keep in mind that the first part is the most important. In drawing I try to come up with the simplest forms I can. In most of my work I try to leave the drawing in that big simple form. If you can’t get that right, when you layer all the overlaps and detail on top, it won’t matter.

7 comments:

Michael said...

Awesome studies. This is exactly what I am working on right now. Where do you go to life drawing? I'm looking for some new places

tiffannysketchbook said...

i visit your blog often and i love your work. keep on posting!

The Ivanator said...

Inspiring work ethic! Thanks for sharing.

rad sechrist said...

Thanks guys. I take classes at these schools:
http://www.laafa.org/
http://www.conceptdesignacad.com/
http://3kickstudio.com/default.aspx

Jason Scheier said...

I love the way you break-down the forms. Thanks for always trying to motivate me and keep me studying the figure.. -j

Alexis Barattin said...

wiiicckkeeed. you go to life drawing 3 times a week and it shows!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.